Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Strip Blanket

 Yarns i bought not knowing what project to make with it. The picture here the one without edition and the one below is with edition, hoping that you might get the right colors but than it did not come out well, and I am sorry for that. Looks like my old cellphone samsung GT-S3653 wasn't happy the day i took this pictures. It does give happy pictures when its happy. Most of my pictures are taken with it since i don't own a camera.

                                                           edited picture

                                                            edited picture




                                                                   edited picture


                                                             edited picture

Guess what i started with it.

 A blooming Flower cushion with the tutorial from http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/blooming-flower-cushion.html
  Its a small string yarn so i held four of it together to get big enough of desired ply of yarn. Did i success?  NO, the yarn was too thick for the flower to bloom. Another failure, shame on me.
 So i went for the second option the stripy blanket from http://www.lemondedesucrette.com/2014/03/08/updating/
                      So on i went ahead with it
                      But than i got struck at the end of the row.

             I went ahead anyway by getting my hook into the very first stitch.

               The strip grew with the trial of different way at the end.

 Did you notice the fan like shadow or shud i say icestick. While i was laying out my stipy on the floor here my neighbor came in and ask me if its scrave.
I thought why not it can be scarve, so i took a picture of me wearing it for future reference , i might make one.
                       Here the color went by the sheet on my bed
 

                             I am still trying other options at the end.

                    
                                                        Tadah!








5 comments:

  1. I love your colourful blanket. I just came across your blog, and become a follower. What an incredible place your live in. I browsed some of those beautiful pictures. -Gaia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gaia. Your comment are encouraging for me. Please do continue to pop up here, will be happy to see you.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful colours! The blanket is amazing - but I also liked it as a scarf! Chrissie x ps have you ever used Picmonkey for editing? It is very easy and free! Www.picmonkey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chrissie for d tips and i did try it which is a magic.

      Delete
  3. A delightful mix of colours, a great combination.

    ReplyDelete